Key appointments including Leader of the Council and the Cabinet were confirmed yesterday (Friday 21 May) after the first meeting of West Sussex County Council since the 6 May elections.
West Sussex County Council has advised V2 Radio that following the announcement yesterday that Paul Marshall (Storrington) has been appointed as Leader for the next four years. He originally took over the role from Louise Goldsmith in October 2019.
In other top appoinmtents Pete Bradbury (Cuckfield & Lucastes) was confirmed as the new Chairman whilst Sujan Wickremaratchi (Haywards Heath Town) will be the new Vice-Chairman.
The Deputy Leader is Deborah Urquhart (Angmering and Findon), who will also serve as Cabinet Member for Environment and Climate Change.
Other Cabinet appointments were:
- Amanda Jupp (Billingshurst) – Adults Services
- Jacquie Russell (East Grinstead South & Ashurst Wood) – Children and Young People (Lead Member for Children)
- Duncan Crow (Tilgate & Furnace Green) – Community Support, Fire and Rescue
- Jeremy Hunt (Chichester North) – Finance and Property
- Joy Dennis (Hurstpierpoint & Bolney) – Highways and Transport
- Nigel Jupp (Southwater & Nuthurst) – Learning and Skills
- Bob Lanzer (Maidenbower & Worth) – Public Health and Wellbeing
- Steve Waight (Goring) – Support Services and Economic Development
For details of all other appointments visit the West Sussex County Council website.