County’s budget and Reset Plan to go to Full Council for final approval

A plan which sets out what the County Council should focus on in the future, a five-year capital investment programme and the day-to-day budget for the coming year could be agreed by West Sussex County Councillors next week.

At a meeting on Friday 12 February, the County Council will decide whether to approve the Reset Plan, which sets out how money should be spent and performance measured.

The plan sets out the key priority outcomes for the council over the next four years, focusing on learning from the response to Covid-19 to ensure the council provides the best support it can for residents both now and in the future.

An extra £12m investment in highways and £10m to address the challenges of climate change are two of the investments which are proposed in the revised five-year Capital Programme. 

An increase in council tax of 1.99% is proposed - plus an additional 3% for adult social care – making a total increase of 4.99%. This is an average increase of £1.38 per week compared to last year’s bill.

Further details about the Reset Plan and the budget can be found here:

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/news/future-focus-and-budget-to-be-agreed-b

More from Sussex and Hampshire News

On Air Now Ian Crouch 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Now Playing
Pure Shores All Saints
Recently Played
  • Outside Of Love Becky Hill 17:15
  • There's Nothing Like This Omar 17:11
  • I Like The Way Bodyrockers 17:07