September 2021 marks the launch of a month long initiative by the Chichester Chamber of Commerce and Industry to show support for businesses in the city centre.
As life gets back to some kind of normality the Chamber wants to offer support in any way it can to encourage footfall and provide practical help to the local business community.
CCCI CEO, Vicki Meddows-Smith, says “The survival and dynamism of our city centres is clearly an issue to affect us all and is a vital background to any business community.
"Our plans include various social media campaigns running several times a day to highlight the value of our city centre and to encourage footfall. In addition, at a practical level we will offer training and advice sessions to the numerous independent businesses that are integral to our lovely city.”
• 10 days of free online workshops run by Chamber members on various aspects of marketing
• Numerous offers of free consultations so that local businesses can benefit from the range of skills within the Chamber membership.
• The highlight of the month will be our members’ meeting at the Guildhall in Priory Park on the 13th September Not only will this be the first face to face meeting for 18 months but it will be open to other local businesses (booking essential via the Chamber website).
• Guests attending the members’ meeting will have the opportunity to win a year’s free membership of the Chamber.
• As staff shortages has been an issue for many businesses we are launching a local jobs board on the Chamber website.
Whilst primarily a free service for Chamber members it will also be open to non-members for a small fee.
CCCI Chair, Gareth Sear, commented: "Last year we launched a hashtag campaign across all platforms on social media #lovechibiz to bring local businesses together and we are now capitalising on the spirit engendered by that campaign. By putting the Chamber at the heart of all local businesses we hope to enhance both the offering for the wider business community as well as for the Chamber membership itself.
For more information click here.